How to prevent Google from storing your search history and tracking your online activities Track My Google Activity, This service only using google user, A while back I wrote a post explaining how to delete your entire search history that Google has collected and stored since the moment you began using their service way back when. Several of you have since written in and asked me if there’s a way to prevent Google from gathering and storing that information in the first place? Well, the answer to that question is yes!
Who can see my Google activity?
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left, click Personal info.
- Under “Choose what others see”, click Go to About me.
- Below a type of info, you can choose who currently sees your info.
- Choose one of the following: To make the info private, click Only you.
How does Google activity work?How activity works. When you use certain Google services, such as Search, YouTube, or Chrome, your activity can be saved as data to your account. This activity helps make your experience on Google faster and more useful.
What happens when you delete Google activity?Deleting all of your web-browsing activity doesn’t get rid of all of the information Google has about you, though. … Unlike some other tech companies, Google says it will actually delete the data associated with your account after you delete it.
Should I turn off Google Web and app activity?Important: Simply disabling “Web & App Activity” won’t delete any information that Google already has collected and stored in conjunction with your account. Click here for instructions on deleting your existing Google Search History.
How do I stop Google activity?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Data & personalization.
- Under “Activity controls,” tap Manage your activity controls.
- Turn off the activity you don’t want to save.
Can someone see my Internet history on my phone?Yes. If you use a smartphone to surf the Internet, your WiFi provider or a WiFi owner can see your browsing history. Except for browsing history, they can also see the following information: Apps you were using.
Does Google keep deleted history?Google will still keep your “deleted” information for audits and other internal uses. However, it won’t use it for targeted ads or to customize your search results. After your Web history has been disabled for 18 months, the company will partially anonymize the data so you won’t be associated with it.
|Read Recent Posts|
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More. History.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to ‘Time range’, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check ‘Browsing history.
- Tap Clear data.
Can search history be permanently deleted?Select “Clear browsing data” on the left-hand side of the screen. In the drop-down menu, select how much data you want to delete next to “Time range“. To clear all of your Google History, select “All time” from the drop-down menu.
How do I control my search history?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app.
- At the bottom right, tap More Search history. Controls.
- On the “Web & App Activity” card, tap Auto-delete (Off).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.